I am SO looking forward to Fall and pumpkin season (although I could really eat pumpkin flavored anything year round). One of my Facebook friends shared this the other day from Tip Hero. I thought I would share it with you. Yum!
1 box refrigerated pie crust (2 crusts in a box)
1 (15 oz) can pureed pumpkin
1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
1 Tbsp pumpkin pie spice
1/4 tsp table salt
Plus whipped cream for topping
1. Preheat your oven to 425°F. Spray a 12-cup muffin tin with non-stick spray.
2. Cut as many 5 inch circles (either using a round cutter or a bowl or glass) as you can out of each pie crust, and fit them into each tin, crimping over the sides as necessary. Reroll the scraps if needed to get 12 crusts.
3. In a bowl or a 4 cup glass measuring cup (I used the measuring cup so I could pour it into each muffin tin directly without dirtying another bowl), whisk together the pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice, sweetened condensed milk, eggs and salt.
4. Pour the pumpkin mixture into each crust. Make sure not to fill completely to the top so that the pumpkin spills over the sides of the crust (if you’ve used a 5-inch cutter, you shouldn’t have that problem since the crust will be as tall as the muffin tin).
5. Bake at 425 for 15 minutes, then lower the heat to 350 and bake another 20-25 minutes until a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean.
6. Let the pies cool in the pan for at least 30 minutes, then pop them out. Top with whipped cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon if desired.
Christmas movies airing this weekend (if you have cable or satellite)
The Muppet Christmas Carol Saturday at 8:50pm Eastern on HBO Family East and 11:50pm Eastern on HBO Family West.
Dr. Seuss' How the Grinch Stole Christmas Sunday at 2:00pm and 10:00pm Eastern on HBO Family West and 7:00pm Eastern on HBO Family East.
I wish TV would have more Christmas shows and movies on in July, but alas... Thank goodness for my huge stash of videos and DVDs. You can also find some Christmas movies on streaming services like Amazon Prime, Hulu and Netflix.
Always in spirit...