Family Name Ornament
What you'll need:
- Wood alphabet letters to spell out last name
- Acrylic paint: green, red, white, gold
- Spool of gold ribbon
- Acrylic sealer spray
- White craft glue
- Wax paper
- Line up the wood letters on the work surface, spelling out your last name.
- Paint the letters with green and red, alternating the two colors until all letters are painted. Add a second coat if needed. Let dry (see image).
- Use a toothpick dipped in gold or white paint to decorate each letter. Do some with polka dots, some with curly shapes, and others with stripes. Let dry (see image).
- Have an adult take the letters to a well-ventilated area and spray all of them with acrylic sealer, then let dry.
- Lay out a piece of waxed paper on to the work surface.
- Turn letters over and use a generous amount of white craft glue to attach ribbon hangers to the backs of the letters. Place letters, right side up, onto the waxed paper. Gently press down and let the glue dry completely.
- When dry, carefully and slowly peel the letters off of the waxed paper.
- Wood letters are available at your local craft store.
- Use colors that match your tree’s theme. Some nice combinations include red & green, ice blue & white, red & gold, and silver & blue.
- Always check sales after each holiday as you will find some fabulous crafty bargains on theme and holiday colored supplies!
There is still time to contribute a guest post to Christmas in July...there are seven days left in July! Just email your contribution to me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Happy Christmas in July!
Always in Spirit...