Also, a reminder. Would like to contribute a guest post for Christmas in July? This can be anything...a Christmas book or movie review, share a favorite Christmas memory, share a favorite Christmas poem or excerpt from a favorite book, a recipe, a craft...pretty much anything goes! Please email me your contribution to email@example.com Hope to hear from you. Thanks!
What you'll need:
- Wooden cubes
- Acrylic paint in festive colors
- Festive ribbon
- White craft glue
- Paint each cube with desired color. Let dry.
- If you like, make polka dots on your cube using a toothpick dipped in paint. Let dry (see image).
- Cut a piece of ribbon about 12 inches long. Find the center of the ribbon and place a painted cube onto it. Wrap the ribbon around the cube as you would a regular present.
- Tie the ends into a bow, and then double knot the bow.
- Take the two open ends of the ribbon and bring the up together, tie in a knot at the top to create the hanger.
- Use a few dots of white glue to secure the ribbon to the cube.
- Wood cubes are available at your local craft supply store.
- Let children pick whatever colors they like for the paint, festive or holiday colors are not a requirement!
- If you prefer to make this a recycling project, use small boxes, such as a toothpick box.
Hope you enjoy it! This is definitely one I will be doing this year.
Happy Christmas in July!
Always in spirit...