THIS GIVEAWAY HAS ENDED
Description from Goodreads:
If you could change your life by reversing your biggest regrets, sorrows and mistakes...would you? New York Times bestselling author and renowned rad...more If you could change your life by reversing your biggest regrets, sorrows and mistakes...would you? New York Times bestselling author and renowned radio and television host Glenn Beck delivers an instant holiday classic about boyhood memories, wrenching life lessons, and the true meaning of the gifts we give to one another in love. We weren't wealthy, we weren't poor -- we just were. We never wanted for anything, except maybe more time together....When Eddie was twelve years old, all he wanted for Christmas was a bike. Although his life had gotten harder -- and money tighter -- since his father died and the family bakery closed...Eddie dreamed that somehow his mother would find a way to have his dream bike gleaming beside their modest Christmas tree that magical morning. What he got from her instead was a sweater. "A stupid, handmade, ugly sweater" that young Eddie left in a crumpled ball in the corner of his room. Scarred deeply by the realization that kids don't always get what they want, and too young to understand that he already owned life's most valuable treasures, that Christmas morning was the beginning of Eddie's dark and painful journey on the road to manhood. It will take wrestling with himself, his faith, and his family -- and the guidance of a mysterious neighbor named Russell -- to help Eddie find his path through the storm clouds of life and finally see the real significance of that simple gift his mother had crafted by hand with love in her heart. Based on a deeply personal true story, The Christmas Sweater is a warm and poignant tale of family, faith and forgiveness that offers us a glimpse of our own lives -- while also making us question if we really know what's most important in them.
Description from Fantastic Fiction:
Noella, a journalism professor at Northwestern University, and Tom, a reporter for the Chicago Tribune, are engaged to be married. As Christmas approaches, though, they come up against a basic difference in temperaments. When Noella insists that a medallion she received as a child was actually from Santa Claus, Tom bah-hum-bugs it. However, while in Germany on assignment to write about the Father of Christmas, Tom makes a discovery that restores his faith in much more than Santa. 'Twas The Night Before is a spellbinding love story that will join O. Henry's Gift of the Magi, Charles Dickens' A Christmas Carol, and Frank Capra's film It's a Wonderful Life as a Christmas classic that will bring romance, good cheer, and hope to the season.
Giveaway guidelines (tried to make them as easy as possible):
- Open to U.S. residents only. I'm sorry, but my finances at this time only allow for domestic mailing.
- You do not have to be a follower to enter, but please look around the site. You might want to follow, if you like what you see!
- You will get ONE extra entry if you share this in some way...Facebook, Twitter, sidebar (there is a fancy new share tab at the bottom of each post that makes it a little easier). You MUST leave a link to wherever you shared...thanks! But only ONE extra entry so don't feel like you have to share it everywhere. =O)
- You MUST include your email address. I will notify the winners and they will have 48 hours to get back to me with their mailing information.
- Please leave all information in ONE comment and indicate which book you would like to win.
- Giveaway ends on July 31, 2010 at 11:59 pm. I will choose the winners via random.org and I will announce the winners on August 1st.
Happy Christmas in July!
Always in spirit....